For 2 months now, I have had a series of dreams that involve the word “unadulterated.” I have not felt to release anything about this until today, after having yet another dream last night that put an urgency in my heart regarding the importance of this word UNADULTERATED for the Body of Christ.
Unadulterated is defined as:
· Having no inferior or added substances
· Not mixed or diluted with any extra elements
· Complete and absolute
In my most recent dream, there were a group of Christians walking around with a veil over their faces. The veil represented a perception filter. In science fiction, a perception filter changes one’s perception of reality, drawing attention away from the main focal point, even tricking the memory.
The people who had this perception veil were having conversations, hugs and coffees with other believers who did not carry this veil. When the conversations ended, I noticed that there was an ash-like powder being left as a residue on those who did not have a perception veil. It was as if an INFERIOR SUBSTANCE was being left upon the skins of those who had come into the conversation unadulterated. They were leaving with a residue of mixture.
In both the dream as well as when I woke up, this was very disconcerting to my Spirit. I looked up the first dream I had in March 2022, when the Holy Spirit first spoke the word “unadulterated” to me, and I read what He had spoken to me regarding this word:
“I want your words to remain unadulterated.”
“I want your home to be unadulterated.”
“I want your friendships – and what you converse about – to be unadulterated.”
“I need your thoughts to remain unadulterated.”
“I desire anything you teach to remain purely, unadulteratedly JESUS.”
“You must live, in every way, unadulterated.”
Keys to remaining unadulterated
As I prayed into this, I felt the Lord give me 4 keys to remain unadulterated, especially in the context of friendship with those who may be affected by a warped perspective at the moment.
1. If you have ashes on your skin, I heard Him say to exchange those ashes for His beauty! Isaiah 61 speaks of this. Submit the ashes, repent of where you may have agreed with the enemy, and then receive His beauty and trust that He will work it out for your good (Romans 8:28).
2. I heard Him say, “change the tune.” If there’s a song on a playlist that you don’t like, you simply change it or turn it off. Pray for a spirit of wisdom and revelation, pray for discernment and grace, and then change the topic of conversation. Anything that is inferior to who Jesus is can be redirected to Him.
3. Prepare to be misunderstood. This may take prayer and time in His presence allowing Him to love on you, but He will strengthen your feeble knees and weary hands (Isaiah 35). We can also trust that He WILL work EVERYTHING out for the GOOD of those who love Him…(Romans 8:28).
4. Prayer, worship, remembering who God is are things that will always crack through broken or warped perspectives (Ephesians 5:19). Take the lead in the conversation, and don’t let it get away from worshipping our great God.
I felt an urgency on this word, to remain UNADULTERATED. To refuse a spirit that will mix anything inferior into your thinking, or that will:
· Dilute your faith
· Dilute your understanding of God’s goodness
· Dilute your authority
· Pollute your feelings about the local Church or Church leaders
· Water down the finished work of Jesus
Stay close to Him, and allow His love to wash over you today. We break off all wrong perceptions, all ashes and offense, and all the effects of any spirit of the age, in Jesus MIGHTY Name!